To install HotCat, simply copy the text below and paste it in your script file:
- Save the new script page, and
- Completely refresh your browser by bypassing your cache. For Internet Explorer, press Ctrl + F5. For Mozilla, press Shift and click on reload.
- Done! You will now have + and - signs next to your categories. Clicking these allows for easy editing, removing and changing of categories.
How to use[ܫܚܠܦ]
Whenever a page is loaded, HotCat looks for the category bar. If there are visible categories, it adds links to easily remove, change or add categories:
The new links are:
- "(-)" after a category: when clicked, the category is automatically removed.
- "(±)" after a category: when clicked, an input field to change this category is opened.
- "(↓)" after a category: when clicked, the input field is opened, and a list of available subcategories is displayed.
- "(↑)" after a category: when clicked, the input field is opened, and a list of available parent categories is shown.
- "(+)" at the end of the list of categories: when clicked, an input field to add a category is opened.
- "(++)" at the front: when clicked, enters multi-change mode, allowing modifying more than one category.
If HotCat can detect that a certain category is not in the page text itself but was transcluded onto the page from a template or other transclusion, it will not add these links. Only categories that are present in the wikitext of the page itself can be modified through HotCat.
For more information about how to use HotCat, please view the English Wikipedia.